ToxPlanet is growing and needs a talented individual to join our sales team. If you are interested in being part of our team, please read the job description below and apply for the position as directed.
We are seeking an Account Executive (home-based) in the United States to join our team! Your job will be to generate B2B sales of new and renewal subscriptions to our web-based chemical hazard and toxicology databases. Our core markets are pharmaceutical, chemical, consumer goods, specialty chemical, and consulting companies. Our products are used by toxicologists, pharmacologists, product stewards, occupational physicians, product safety specialists, risk assessors, and other chemical safety professionals needing comprehensive chemical hazard and toxicology information to make informed decisions. You will identify new opportunities, follow up on leads, resolve customer questions, up-sell existing customers, and engage in other activities to drive company revenue.
- Achieve an expert level of product knowledge and a working knowledge of the competition
- Generate sales through telephone, email, and demos over the Internet (WebEx)
- Deal with customers on a very individualized basis, using own judgment and discretion to decide best course of action for every situation
- Achieve sales quotas for given fiscal periods as determined and announced by Management
- Achieve renewal rates for given fiscal periods as determined and announced by Management
- Prepare quotes, forward marketing materials, complete administrative data entry, set up trials
- Manage accounts receivable and ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Contact customers to determine status of past due invoices
- Resolve billing issues
- Respond to ALL leads within one business day
- Create new, and modify existing offers and contracts with customers
- Troubleshoot customer issues, respond to technical questions from customers, assist Technical team with follow-up
- Manage subscriptions, either to extend or stop service of the product as appropriate
- Train customers on our products through demos via the Internet (WebEx)
- Manage customer records, including contact and billing information, user names and details, and subscription dates, products, and pricing.
- Consult with our existing customers to identify opportunities to either enhance our existing offerings, or create new offerings
- Consult with our existing customers to ensure their needs are being met with our existing offerings
- Enter orders and act as a liaison for billing and accounts payable issues
- Engage in regular discussions with Management to discuss and strategize on Opportunities and Pipeline Projections
- Participate in the pricing and planning of official offers: developing an understanding of the pricing system and the ability to customize it on a per case basis is essential
- Manage with all aspects of account set up and maintenance: create new user ids and passwords, create new profiles and user groups, establish IP authenticated accounts, establish trials, generate usage reports
- Travel to 2-3 conferences per year as needed
- Complete all assignments requested by Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science (preferred) or some type of Life Sciences experience
- 2-5 years (preferred) experience inbound and outbound B2B selling by telephone. (Experience in chemical safety, product stewardship, etc. may substitute for sales experience). Retail experience does not apply
- Ability to periodically work early morning or late evenings to handle International customers
- Ability to make cold/warm calls to generate interest in and sales of our products
- Understands the Software as a Service (SaaS) business model
- Familiarity with regulatory issues facing industry
- Discretion and independent judgment are essential
- Time management skills are a must. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, is critical
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timberlake Ventures, Inc. dba ToxPlanet is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.